Locata is delighted to be sponsoring the Northern Housing Consortium’s annual Homelessness conference this year.
The conference focuses on the Homelessness Reduction Act and good practice within the sector on tackling and preventing homelessness. It will be held in Leeds on December 5th, 2017.
Peter Riley, the Managing Director of Locata, will be speaking about Locata’s improved Homelessness, Prevention & Advice (HPA) system.
The upgraded system will be capable of meeting the strict reporting needs of DCLG while also delivering the new legislation for homelessness officers in a user-friendly, responsive and intuitive way.
Other speakers at the conference include Mike Wright, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority, Chris Hancock, Head of Housing, Crisis and Alison Riley, Homeless Lead, Middlesbrough City Council.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Policy landscape and preparing for the future
- Opportunities and challenges for the sector
- Housing First – Getting it right
- The Local Authority perspective
- Youth homelessness and support
- Developing and implementing a new system that works and delivers
- The housing provider role
- Supporting people in changing their lives
- Health and needs assessment – impact of homelessness
- A legal update